Saturday, September 10, 2016

My Skincare Mission

I am on my way to having blemish free skin. At least that's what I keep telling myself. According to my dermatologist the cure rate for Accutane is only 80%. Quite frankly I like those odds and feel like they are in my favor. When I started taking the medication I decided that I was no longer going to pick my skin. For the most part I have been successful. There were a couple of white heads that did rupture because of my being too rough while cleansing or exfoliating. Two cysts in particular bled and scabbed over.

Now I am on a mission to find the best products out there to help with dry skin. Not only for me but for everyone else that is taking Accutane. Having dry skin is a different playing field for all of us. We are all so used to having oily skin. My skin used to get oily in the "T" zone but I experienced a majority of my blemishes on the sides of my cheeks. This is also where I have developed the few cysts since going on Accutane. My "T" zone is now very dry and flaky. The sides of my nostrils are chapped like Ive had a runny nose for weeks. 

There are so many companies out there that have all natural products that provide relief for dry skin. This is not my saying that if they aren't organic, they won't work. I have tried quite a few products, that had a number of ingredients that I couldn't pronounce, that worked marvelously for my acne prone skin. That being said, what works for me may not work for others and the same goes for me. My skin is very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide and I could not use it as a treatment for my acne. While for other people, that is the only form of  treatment that they need to use in order to be blemish free. 

I hope that you all find my future product reviews helpful and know that these are all my honest opinions. When trying new products I always read the product reviews hoping that there might be a bit of information that relates to me. For example I like seeing the key phrases "When I had cystic acne", "While I was on Accutane", or "For very dry cracking lips". I am not a wealthy person so I cannot go out and spend a lot of money on skincare. I'm looking for products that offer what I'm looking for at a reasonable price. 

I always state in my videos that if there is a product that you find helpful please do not hesitate to let me know what it is because more than likely I will try it. Of course, keep in mind that I am on a tight budget since I do only work part time and have a toddler to feed. I take all of your suggestions to heart and do not be offended if I end up not purchasing it because of my own research about the product. I'm thinking about getting a P.O. Box so that if anyone has products they would like to send me, its an option. 

Thank you for taking the time to listen to "My Mission". Have a great day!


Click to Donate Now!

Please Donate to my Go Fund Me & Share





Thank you,

Angela Zimsky

Subscribe to my YouTube
Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter 

2 comments: