Tuesday, September 6, 2016

15 Years of Scars

Im having quite the surreal moment right now after going through some old photos from back in the day. I ran across quite a few pictures of my skin before acne. As I continued through the years I could see the progression of my scarring. Then I go look in my mirror and see what my skin looks like now.

Im not going to lie and say that it doesn't make me sad. I WISH that there was to tell young Angela not to pick her face. Of course that it something that my mother always told me. Did I listen? No. Did I wash all of my makeup off every night before bed? No. There were many beauty mistakes that I made back then and now I have to suffer the consequences.

Im sitting here 30 years old with a massive amount of cystic acne scarring on my cheeks. I started my Accutane journey almost 50 days ago. Since then I have been experiencing a number of side effects. Oh the things that we do for beauty, right? I want to do everything that I can, while taking the medication, to help my skin stay hydrated and heal well.

I follow many women on Instagram who also have acne or are on Accutane. Its very helpful to see everyone posting how their skin is doing on a particular day or what side effects they might be experiencing. I didn't realize what a large community existed for those who have the same troubles that I go through.

I guess where I am going with this post is that I wanted to THANK YOU. Thank you for being so supportive during these low moments that we all experience. Thank you for recommending products that might help me when my skin feels sensitive. Thank you for being a friend when I feel like I have no one else to talk to.

Thank you.

Angela circa 2005 at the age of 19 years old.


Click to Donate Now!

Please Donate to my Go Fund Me & Share





Thank you,

Angela Zimsky

Subscribe to my YouTube
Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment